Musings...


"There I sat looking out for the rain that didn’t fall,
Listening for the birds that didn’t chirp,
Waiting for the letter that didn’t arrive.

There I sat pining for the love I could never have,
Craving for the passion I could not rouse,
Longing for the life I could not live.

There I wept alone and forlorn,
Regretting fate's chances that had passed me by,
Remembering those who had too soon said goodbye!

There I sat for infinity with closed eyes,
Tiny cascading droplets caressing my cheeks,
Taking me by sweet surprise!

There I sat with a smile touching my lips,
Humming in my ears, tickling my soul,
Feeling the love within, making it mine!"



I have attempted a poem after ages....I know it comes across as very amateurish but I wanted to pen it down nevertheless...who knows when the next spark of inspiration will strike or if it ever will.....of course I hope it opens a Pandora's box and I can improve on this in the coming days. Fingers crossed!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can Martians read? Book Review- ''Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus''

The Beauty of Nothingness!

An Ode to the Humble Kurta Pyjama and Salwar Kameez!