Honeylicious Chicken Wings - My Second Culinary Post

Last week, my elder son gave me the 'bestest' compliment ever (yes, yes I know there is no word such as bestest but I can't resist using it today, so kindly excuse) - "Mama!" he exclaimed, "your honey chicken wings taste even better than Pizza Hut's. They are the bestest!!!" My husband seconded this though not in so many words! I was thrilled as my elder son is an extremely fussy eater and the dining table more often than not resembles a warzone. Moreover, he has just recently taken to relishing home delivery's from Pizza hut and Dominos (which I wish to discourage as far as possible). 

So here I present to you the recipe of the 'Honeylicious Chicken Wings' as my second culinary post. The recipe is vaguely based on one I read in a cookbook years back and from then on I have been improvising and it is now my very own signature recipe!

I am painfully aware that my  presentation of the dish or rather the lack of presentation is quite pathetic and there should have been pictures taken at every stage of preparation and cooking to give a more professional look but hey! I will get there by my 10th culinary post - till then just try out the recipe and enjoy! I promise you won't be disappointed :).

Honeylicious Chicken Wings


Preparation Time : 10 minutes 
Cooking Time : 20 minutes 

The Ingredients

Chicken Wings - 8


For the marinade
  • Olive Oil -1 tablespoon
  • Honey - 2 tablespoons
  • Ginger Garlic Paste -2 teaspoons 
  • Light Soya Sauce - 2 teaspoons
  • Salt - to taste (remember the Soy sauce contains salt so if you prefer less salt, skip the extra serving)
  • Freshly Grounded Black Pepper -1 teaspoon
The Process:
  • Mix all the marinade ingredients together.
  • Marinade the chicken wings thoroughly, lightly piercing the wings with a fork to allow the marinade to flow through.
  • Keep for 2 to 3 hours.
  • Grill the chicken wings in a griller or oven for about 20 minutes, turning the wings over after 10 mins for consistent browning. ( I used the grill in my Sharp Healslo Supersteam Convection Oven and microwave)
  • You can brush the wings with a little olive oil before grilling to give a more crispy feel.
  • Serve as a side dish or starter (my son loves having it as a complete dinner dish with hot chappatis)
To test that your dish has been cooked to perfection, gently fork it- the fork should be able to go right through and the chicken should easily come off the wings.  The grilled wings should be crisp on the outside and succulent on the inside with the juices flowing clear.  The best part of the dish is that it requires very little preparation time and is absolutely non-fussy. 

The 'Honeylicious Chicken Wings' can serve as a great starter for parties, a side dish for dinners and an excellent choice for barbecues. Children will love the taste as it is not-spicy, tangy (with a hint of sweetness) and easy to devour!

Do try the recipe and give me your feedback. 

Comments

Snigdha said…
Sounds delicious, Puja, but my home now is primarily vegetarian. I'll surely try it when I have guests over who like chicken! Or when I visit my family or didi. Maybe, I'll pass on the recipe to them.
Snigdha
puja said…
Thanks Snigdha for visiting my blog and posting your comment....Bengali and veggie...yeh kab,kyon aur kaise hua?

Popular posts from this blog

Can Martians read? Book Review- ''Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus''

The Beauty of Nothingness!

An Ode to the Humble Kurta Pyjama and Salwar Kameez!